NEurope
badboyace84

if you havn't pre-oredered

Can anyone answer this?

Comet: All stock taken in online pre-orders. Stores are getting NO stock to put on the shelves on Friday.

John Lewis: Say they have not received any stock yet. Unknown whether they will receive any tomorrow.

Tesco: Say they are not stocking Wii at all.

PC World: Say all stock taken via pre-orders.

Any other ideas guys?

10 characters etc.

nintendos website has gone down, I wonder if they're putting wii's on the stars catalogue. I rememer they did it with th DS with special ed. game.

I just checked amazon.co.uk and it said they will be selling wii's at about 3-4pm, im guessing thats on the 8th. Here's what they said.

"We'll have a very limited number of Nintendo Wii consoles available for sale from 3-4pm. Last time we sold out in 7 minutes and we expect this batch to go even quicker." - amazon.co.uk

The verdict on launch night is in, and it doesn't look too rosy - my Gamestation had 28 Wiis, all on pre-order (I was No. 8). They had roughly an equal amount of Zeldas and a bit fewer Red Steels and COD 3s. Then there was a handful of those two racing games and that's about it. I saw someone walking out with a Super Monkey Ball, but there must have been only two or so.

What's annoying is that there were NO spare remotes on sale whatsoever. Apparently, some crate got stuck in Dover. There was no Wii Play either. Only a few nunchucks - pretty useless without remote. And their 4 classic controllers were obviously swooped up by other preorderers before I arrived.

I then checked ASDA and Tesco - and they didn't have ANYTHING Wii-related. No consoles, no accessories, no games. The night shift manager was pretty p*ssed off, because apparently he was waiting for his own Wii too. And at Tesco they said that I was No. 50 asking, and that they had turned a way a lot of disappointed people that had queued up.

Something is going pretty badly at the moment - both Tesco and ASDA not having ANYTHING is outright ridiculous. I would have expected some shortages here and there, and no consoles on sale, but not even *any* games?

If anyone wants to stuck up on Wii accessories like cables, spare remotes, Wii Play etc. I would STRONGLY recommend going to your local Gamestation or Game tomorrow morning when they open, preordered console or not - you might end up with a Wii, no games, and no controllers....

yeh u are right , i just came back from game and they wre only allowing 1 of everying per person and they had no wiimotes , the que was big i got there at 6.30 and there were at least 10 people there before me , thank god i pre order wii play cos if i didnt i would of got and i got the last nunchuk and the last c contorler

Right - just back from Game, and I just went past all the Wiis other people were running for (after all, I was at the midnight launch elsewhere) and just grabbed everything else on the shelves. I tricked the clueless sales assistant into selling me two Wii Plays - more or less coincidence, but anyway. Also got two more nunchucks and the only (!) classic controller they had.

They had initially said no extra controllers or nunchucks for anyone. Couldn't care less. All I am missing now is one more pair of remote/nunchucks and a component/RGB cable. I think I'm leaving that for now and will periodically check before christmas...

The whole accessory problem has been a bit of a shambles, though. Apparently, no one in the UK is getting spare remotes until at least Sunday. So far, that seems to be true - Game were the only ones having some, but only in Wii Play, and Asda, Tesco and Gamestation didn't have any - neither remotes, nor Wii Plays.

I've checked a few Asdas. One had received none at all, another last night had 7 to sell and had none by this morning and another one I checked this morning had all sold out as well! Meh. :(

By the time I got to Toys R Us, there was a small group of people outside waiting already and they'd already snapped up the free stock that they had! Argos were all pre-orders only.

Apparently my HMV pre-order is in the 3rd drop and should be there next week!

After all that disappointment, though, I walked past one of the Wii Tour things in the Manchester Arndale and was asked if I wanted to win one and/or play one! Put my name down to win like, but talk about rubbing salt into the wound! :red:

I've bought zelda, a classic controller and some points though just to make sure I'm already when I hopefully get it next week!

Well I decided not to bother going on a Wii hunt this morning. Staying in bed seemed like more fun. So, did anyone have any luck?

dammit amazon were sposed to have wiis on sale between 3-4 i was there from 3 trying to get one but they've all sold out.

dammit amazon were sposed to have wiis on sale between 3-4 i was there from 3 trying to get one but they've all sold out.

i think they musta sold out within seconds because I was waiting and by the time I got to the checkout page they had sold out. I bet they only had a few! So pissed off, doesnt look like i'll have a wii for xmas :angry: was hoping for some xmas day wii sports with the family, ah well :hmm:

I think ive got one from amazon. Sat there for ages refreshing. I'm praying for the confirm email.

Ahaaa they went on sale at 11 minutes past, I missed somehow on the normal sale stock whilst hitting f5 constantly :shakehead , but I saw the new and used section had 1 from Amazon at normal retail price so as quick as my mouse could track and hit the order confirmation button voila order confirmation email confirming order purchase along with Zelda and Rayman. :yay:

To think I could have been in bed whilst queuing up in Asda last night to find that only 2 consoles were left coz the reset were taken by the Staff. :mad:

gamestation in birmingham had 400 in, 80 there for people who never pre ordered. I didn't know about it but it all worked out in the end my local ASDA had 20 in and i was number 17 :) I got there at 8 o'clock to put my name down then headed to the tv section and watched it for 4 hours lol

Try Bennets and ASDA. The latter is doing raffles on restocks (next week)

Colchester had 200 inquiries and 10 units, so your chances aren't zero.

my local woolworths had 2 in at about 3pm today lol

decided against buying one, im waiting until the PS3 launch with the theory that stores will make decent Wii bundles around then. They are doing it for Xbox 360 now: Gamestation has an Xbox 360 bundle with Premium Console, Rainbow 6: Vegas, PGR3, Extra Wireless controller, Live Arcade and Battery Pack all for £300!

all in all its been a pretty shit day for me, no wii and ive just been punched by someone from a group of fucks who started on me and my mates on our way home from getting alcohol.

The fact that Wii's are still going on Ebay for over £400 tells you exactly what is going on. Wii is the hot Christmas present of 2006 - no wonder noone can get hold of the things! Demand is rabid. Nintendo could have released twice as many and they would have the same sell out situation.