NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darthbane2k

OFFICIAL WII LAUNCH @ HMV Oxford Street *CONFIRMED*

LOOKS LIKE NINTENDORK OWES ME AN APOLOGY

Nintendo UK has today announced it will officially partner with HMV when it launches its new console, Wii, at midnight on 7th/8th December 2006. The action kicks off from 11pm at HMV, 150 Oxford Street, London with the chance for everyone to come down and play launch game Wii Sports against top sporting celebrities including Ian Wright, Jodie Kidd, Pat Cash and Ricky Hatton.

Wii is already shaping up to be the most hotly anticipated console launch ever seen in the UK with Amazon.co.uk recently revealing that pre-orders for Wii on its site ‘sold out’ within seven minutes of them being made available, making it the fastest-selling pre-order it has ever listed. In addition, retailers including Comet, Dixons and GAME have already announced that Wii is expected to be one of their top selling items this Christmas and demand is already expected to exceed supply.

Those getting there early enough in the queue will be lucky enough to get their hands on their very own Wii consoles, games and goodie bags just in time for Christmas. Stocks are limited so get there early to avoid disappointment.

In addition, the first 200 people purchasing the critically acclaimed launch title The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii will receive a very special strictly limited edition The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess tin to store the game.

Wii launches across Europe on 8th December 2006 at the estimated retail price of €249/£179 with Wii Sports game including Tennis, Bowling, Boxing, Golf and Baseball included in the box.

Included with every Wii console is one wireless Wii Remote, a Nunchuk, Wii Sports game, Stereo AV Cable and the sensor bar for Wii’s unique control system.

Click onto http://www.Wii.com for all of the most up to date official information on Wii.

As this is now OFFICIAL, lets use this thread to discuss meetups, travel arrangements and media.

Whoa sounds like its gonna be great!

I would love to go just to see the celebs but i couldnt go even if i wanted to, but anyway atleast we are actualy getting a proper launch party.

Ohh man i bet theres gonna be tonnes of Wii freebies too :sad:

Wii freebies = Ebay fortune

oh and heres some info on the Game and Gamestation launches too

Gamestation’s launch kicks off at 10pm in its Birmingham store, with DJs, food and a guest appearance from ‘Mario’ himself. Gamers will have the chance to test out the console before counting down the last seconds to midnight, when they will be able to pick up their pre-ordered consoles. A Wii-themed window will host demonstration Wii pods.

Birmingham store manager Matt Perks said: “The launch of the Nintendo Wii is big news for gamers and Gamestation’s midnight opening event is just going to send anticipation through the roof.

“In addition, the Wii window will stay up after the event, giving gamers the chance to sample the latest in next generation gaming for themselves. This is another Gamestation exclusive and proves that we continue to be the gamers’ retailer.”

GAME’s event will be held at its flagship store in London’s Oxford Street on the same night, where customers will also be able to pick up pre-orders. The launch will also feature music and entertainment, as well as competitions, pizza delivery, a demonstration of Wii pods and a countdown to midnight.

“We are anticipating huge crowds of customers will come to our Oxford Street store to get their hands on their Nintendo Wii at the first possible moment," said GAME's marketing director Anna Macario.

“The console has been hotly anticipated by thousands of customers who have reserved this console for weeks in advance and we are working flat out to make sure customers get the products they want first.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/Retail-reveals-Wii-launch-night-battleplan

Anyone planning to bring their DS Lites?

I'd say a couple rounds of Clubhouse Games/42 All time Classics and Mario Kart DS will be in order!!

I've got my pre-oreder and am mentally am already in the que...DS banter sounds good! I havn't decided what time to start quing though! Any thoughts?

Not another thread.

Sorry - arent you the person who flammed me because you didnt believe I had confirmation that the official launch event would be held at Oxford Street HMV? Didnt you say Birmingham and Edinbrough would host the official event?

If you dont like the thread - stay out.

Another pointless thread...

This wasn't needed.

This is the OFFICIAL wii launch.

The media will be there

fanboys will be there

celebs will be there - we can play wii sports against them!

There will be freebies galore!

This is going to be a MASSIVE party for nintendo fans, and HMV are organising this in partnership with Nintendo over this event, it deserves its own thread because of its magnitude and the fact that the official press release was released today.

This event is open to all, not just pre order customers, and there WILL be a limited amount of wii on sale for those who have not pre ordered (these have been held aside)

If you want to be bitter and cynical about things, then stay out.

I've got my pre-oreder and am mentally am already in the que...DS banter sounds good! I havn't decided what time to start quing though! Any thoughts?

I will be there about 5pm - although im sure others will be there from the AM.

Im bringing my DS and looking forward to some wifi action!

TRAVEL INFO:

The last Central Line tube from Oxford Circus will leave at 00:35am

Night buses will run throughout the night, a bus stop is situated right outside HMV oxford street.

Visit http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses for more details

For those of you who want to drive. Congestion charging ends at 6:30pm and Masterpark are doing a promotion where you can park your car for the night at any one of their central london facilities for no more than £5

http://www.westminster.gov.uk/transportandstreets/parking/masterpark/xmaspromo.cfm

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21418

Europe gears up for Wii launch

Matt Martin 15:35 29/11/2006

Nintendo plans retail events for December 8th debut

Doing its best to build anticipation for the launch of the Wii in Europe on December 8th, Nintendo is urging would be consumers to place pre-orders to secure a console on day one.

“We're launching a great product and we knew that demand would be high,” said Laurent Fischer, marketing director at Nintendo Europe.

“Nintendo's expansion of the gaming market is paying dividends and Wii really is the must have item for Christmas.”

“Obviously, we're doing everything we can to make sure that everyone who wants one, gets one,” he added.

Nintendo is also planning launch events, with retail partner HMV inviting the public to mingle with celebrities at its flagship store on Oxford Street, offering limited edition products to those arriving early enough.

http://www.mcvuk.com/Retail-reveals-Wii-launch-night-battleplan

Retail reveals Wii launch battleplan

11:30, Nov 29th by Tim Ingham

Leading games retailers HMV, GAME and Gamestation are all planning lavish midnight launches for the Nintendo Wii next Thursday night.

HMV’s flagship store on Oxford Street will open at 11pm as the official launch partner of Nintendo. The public will be given the chance to play Wii Sports against celebrities including Ian Wright, Jodie Kidd, Pat Cash and Ricky Hatton. The retailer will begin selling Wiis at midnight until stock runs out.

Gamestation’s launch kicks off at 10pm in its Birmingham store, with DJs, food and a guest appearance from ‘Mario’ himself. Gamers will have the chance to test out the console before counting down the last seconds to midnight, when they will be able to pick up their pre-ordered consoles. A Wii-themed window will host demonstration Wii pods.

Birmingham store manager Matt Perks said: “The launch of the Nintendo Wii is big news for gamers and Gamestation’s midnight opening event is just going to send anticipation through the roof.

“In addition, the Wii window will stay up after the event, giving gamers the chance to sample the latest in next generation gaming for themselves. This is another Gamestation exclusive and proves that we continue to be the gamers’ retailer.”

GAME’s event will be held at its flagship store in London’s Oxford Street on the same night, where customers will also be able to pick up pre-orders. The launch will also feature music and entertainment, as well as competitions, pizza delivery, a demonstration of Wii pods and a countdown to midnight.

“We are anticipating huge crowds of customers will come to our Oxford Street store to get their hands on their Nintendo Wii at the first possible moment," said GAME's marketing director Anna Macario.

“The console has been hotly anticipated by thousands of customers who have reserved this console for weeks in advance and we are working flat out to make sure customers get the products they want first.”

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/29-11-2006-4175.html

Official UK Wii launch at HMV

By James Orry - 29/11/2006 - 12:20pm GMT

Nintendo UK has announced that it will be partnering with HMV for the launch of the Wii.

Taking place at HMV, 150 Oxford Street, London, the official Wii launch will kick off at 11pm on Thursday, December 7. There will be the opportunity to play some Wii Sports against top Sporting celebrities including Ian Wright, Pat Cash, Ricky Hatton and model/racing enthusiast Jodie Kidd.

Although most retailers have now filled their pre-order allocation, Nintendo says that those who arrive at the HMV store early enough have a chance to get their hands on their very own Wii console, games and goodie bag in time for Christmas. Stocks are extremely limited so don't turn up in the middle of the afternoon expecting to pick up a Wii.

Nintendo will also be giving away a very special, limited edition The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess tin to store the game in. This will be given out to the first 200 people to buy the game.

The Wii will be on sale from 12:00 am on Friday, December 8, priced at £179.99 complete with Wii Sports. Not all stores around the country are opening at midnight so please check with your store for its Wii launch plans.

Ian Wright is a legend!

So if you queue up early enough you get a frii wii?

Id probably do that if

1. I had no friends and nobody considered it a sad thing to do

2. If i could get there

3. I only had to queue for a maximum of 3 hours (not happening!)

reason being you could sell the free gifts for £100 on ebay (as someone mentioned)

@ darthbane2k

Cheers! Iwas just trying to gauge the time people might start to que! My lectures finish at 1 on that day so I'm might go around 2:00! We will see! I don't really want to stand around for a couple hourse by myself!

Thanks for the travel info!

I'm really looking forward to this!

IAN WRIGHT, WRIGHT, WRIGHT!!

What lucky people those Londoners are, get to meet a real living legend.

Anyone know if anything like this will be happening outside of England? Like in Dublin for instance......?

Of course, it's just why dont Nintendo partner someone in every capital city in the British Isles? Dublin, Cardiff, Edinburgh and London, not just London.

Is there a partnership launch scheduled for continental europe anywhere?

GRRRRRRRRR I NEED THAT FUCKING TIN!!!

Expect to see them on ebay shortly afterwards. Probably going for £50 each.

I need one aswell.

COOL =) HMV in London, i will be going to it. The tube station is 2 minutes from my house and about 11 stops to Oxford.

Will someone going buy me a tin Zelda and I'll give them something special like my virginity as well as the retail price for it? :(

In addition, the first 200 people purchasing the critically acclaimed launch title The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii will receive a very special strictly limited edition The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess tin to store the game.

FUCK OFF

WANKERS

I WANT IT NOW.

Sign in to follow this