NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
motion

Pre-order at GAME... can someone put my mind at ease?

Ok, I preordered a Wii at GAME in Fulham Broadway. Serial number on my receipt says 1004 which apparently means that I'm number 4 in the list. Hooray, BUT...

That branch had to close down a couple of weeks later, I went in wondering what would happen to my pre-order and the guy said that all pre-orders would be transfered to the GAME on high street kensington.

My question is, how does the High street Ken branch know what when I ordered? Will they just put all the preorders from the old store at the end of their list?

I did get a letter in the post saying that I'd get one, but I'm still a tad worried?

When my local (Chiswick) Gamestation closed a few weeks ago, I got Customer Support to transfer my preorder to the West Ealing branch. I was told that I would retain my place in the queue, as they had a national queue, not one based in branches. If Game do something like this, you'll be fine.

I think GAME have store specific queues, I'm quite amazed that gamestation managed to organise themselves and centrally pool thier pre-orders to form a national queue, unless they lied to you.

The same store may either handle each store's preorders seperately, or will arrange preorders by when it was ordered for the first come first serve thing to still be valid. In theory, it should work out fine, because this other store should have the extra wiis which were allocated to your original store. Don't hold me to any of this though, your best bet is to go into the other store or ring them up and get them to confirm it for you, that way you can turn around and have a go at them if they lie to you.

lol thanks guys.

I went into the branch today and they seemed completely convinced that I would get a Wii judging from my receipt, though I kept asking them if they could 'check their books' to see if I was in there they just kept saying there's no reason why you shouldn't get one blah blah...

That's odd, because mine is 13 (that number crops up everywhere in my life) but I am actually 7th in the queue.

Maybe 6 members of staff have placed orders before you or something.

Failing that some people might not have placed their deposit.

Called them up again, apparently everyone who's paid a deposit will get a Wii on launch day.

WOOHOO! :)

unless you got one of those dreaded letters your fine.

(and dont worry about getting zelda most stores will have more of these than wii's)

I actually got a letter saying that I WOULD have a wii on launch day but I just wanted to check really given what happened with the store I preordered in.

Zelda, Monkey Ball and Wii Play it is!

yeh.. I've been told I will get a phone call at some stage confirming whether I get it on launch or have to wait for a week or two.. hopefully it's the former..

my code was 0600 I think.. does that mean I'm 600th on the list :heh:

Of course it does :heh:

Or maybe your just pre-order number zero...::shrug:

Oh yea if it helps anyone out my serial number is 0009,and I have no idea what pre-order number I am :heh:

It looks that way so far,my GAME are opening up earlier than usual aswell and there dreading that day because they can't fill everyones pre-orders.Man it's so close now I can pratically taste the TP cover.

I'm number 34 at my local Game.

It looks that way so far,my GAME are opening up earlier than usual aswell

I was told my local would be opening early as well. They said it could possibly be 7am they open. Probably find out next week.

Im also number 4 at my local GAME :)

I suggest going to the store at kensington and speaking with someone in there, maybe a manager just to get it confirmed you will be getting one and to also put your mind at rest.

That's odd, because mine is 13 (that number crops up everywhere in my life) but I am actually 7th in the queue.

It might have been that somebody messed it up on the tills too, or they missed some numbers out and decided to just scrap those numbers so as not to make it unfair by filling them with people who came in after.

Sign in to follow this