NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Wii have a problem...

haha you said tit!

Yeah. :D I use it to describe fools, or something or other.

"hehe, you're such a tit."

"i can't believe what that tit just said!"

There's many common uses. :)

I love how the internet can make people accountable for shit like this.

Who needs trading standards.. make a website, get a few million hits and get a settlement from Nintendo's lawyers to take down the site.

By people, do you mean people as in regular people/gamers, or Nintendo?

In the eyes of statistics, if it occurs at more than 5% or 10% of the time, it's a significant problem, and needs to be addressed. Even so, I expect better of Nintendo that they would address this issue even if it only happened to 10 wiis.

The problem I have here, with all these 'but u mus be lyk well retarded innit if u cannot 'old onto a wiimote lyk' type posts, is that I feel as if this is aimed towards gamers. You have to understand, alot of non gamers will be playing this system, and I think it's those people who will lose grip of wiimotes. These people are probably going to be overwhelmed with excitement at the wii and how fun it is, and I know that sounds exxaggerated, but I honestly believe it. I can see it happening with my mum or my dad if they played, and I'm sure some of you out there can imagine it happening with your parents too.

A major flaw?

Read the words that you are typing!

Relative to the wii's other faults, in fact, not even relative, it's still quite a big deal if people are losing TVs due to the wii. It's not an isolated incident. Do all of you honestly think this is not a problem?!

P.S I must agree with FL, tit is a great word.

Its not a case of being a gamer or a non gamer its a case of being able to hold a controller in your hand. I will be swinging like a tit most of the time but I am confident in my ability to hold a controller. I will probably make my mates wear the strap and wear mine when I am drunk

Yeah, you're confident in YOUR ability to hold a controller, are you confident that someone who isn't a gamer, like your parents(forgive me if they are, and ignore this) would think about this? It's not even something they'll have considered happening, and I think it's more likely to occur with non gamers caught in the moment.

For petes sake, all people have to do is GRIP IT. Like a stick. Or a dildo. We mastered this as a species not long before we developed our other great ability to produce fire. Unless you are forced at gunpoint to spend your days melding butter together with your BARE HANDS before your nightly play sessions, that Wiimote shaped hole in your widescreen TV is entirely your responsibility.

All right, clearly I have a low view of my parents and this will never ever occur to any of you at any point at all. Mods, please make sure this thread doesn't get deleted(I doubt old threads get deleted) so I can have it for reference in the event it DOES happen to someone who posted in here, so I can promptly point and laugh, alot. Accidents happen, although apparently not to anybody who posts on here. I don't want to hear an excuses if the time comes either, like 'Yeah, but I didn't know the controller was glossed! I thought it was mat!' or 'Well, it was actually my dad who did it, not me'. I give up, for now, I just wait. I'm clearly the only one here, with the exception possibly of Nintendork, who considers this to be a possibility of occuring in my home.

I'm not saying it won't happen. I'm simply saying that when it does happen, the only thing that can be held responsible is the human being that was holding the Wiimote naught but a few scant seconds before it sailed out the window.

I have enough faith in my parents that I think they have the ability to hold a controller in their hands.

Nintendo should have seen the problem before releasing the Wii in the States.

I think the thing to remember here is always use the wipes provided with super sized Macdonalds meals to remove excess grease from hands before using the Wii-mote or nunchuk.

only in america!!

PA has a fun cominc about this right now!! (if it hasnt already been pointed out)

i think its just stupidity on that persons part, this one idiot i live with got so into the baseball game that he tossed my controller across the room, twice :cry:

oh and the controller works fine and amazingly there are no dents or scratches on it.

I've now used the Wii Remote - if you hold it properly the B-Trigger will stop the remote flying out of your hand in the first place.

Rummy why are you so certain that this is going to happen, all that is needed is a bit of common sense and everything will be fine. It is simply the law of averages that when hundreds of thousands of people are doing something that there will be some fools who can't controll themselves.

Good grief just let it go...

...no not the controller the issue.

After experience the Wiimote first hand today I can safely say that only a reatrded monkey fish frog, who's opposable thumbs haven't quit evolved, could let the controller go, sending it flying across the room!

It's the peoples own fault if they swing the remote about like an idiot.

It's obvious solitanze will only buy/wear a wrist-strap if it get's a good review AND it doesn't get ported to the PS3.

LMAO! That is SO true. He's too obsessed about reviews :P

I don't know why, but I feel like it is going to keep happening, but I like I said, I'm just gonna wait and see. I don't want it to happen, but I think it will, if it doesn't, then I'm not bothered, if it does, I'm gonna be right there saying 'I told you so'. The site is pretty funny;

2. Hold the Wii Remote firmly and do not let go. Even while wearing the wrist strap, make sure you don't let go of the Wii Remote during game play and do not use excessive motion. For example, in Wii Sports bowling, the proper way to let go of the ball while bowling is to release the "B" button on the Wii Remote—DO NOT LET GO OF THE Wii REMOTE ITSELF. If you are having so much fun that you start perspiring, take a moment to dry your hands. If you use excessive motion and let go of the Wii Remote, the wrist strap may break and you could lose control of the Wii Remote. This could injure people nearby or cause damage to other objects.

I'm just wondering... How many of the people who are posting in this thread have actually played with the controller? Seriously, if you're over the age of 12 the danger is non-existent.

I was talking about 20+ audience btw. I still think it's the player's fault. But it is true, seeing the other consoles, that more amateur gamers (when they get bogged down) do physically move while playing games.

So, when we have a controller which you are meant to swing around you, the above-mentioned 'problem' could translate into chucking the Wii remote at the TV. Particularly bowling... lol!!

In case of bowing on Wii, I'm guessing the problem is holding down A and letting go of A. Some people probably end up loosening the whole grip when releasing A.

Nobody is saying that it wont happen, as i have already said, when hundreds of thousands of people are playing with the wii it is only logic that some accidents will happen, but the accidents will not happen unless somebody is not holding on to the controller correctly, the strap should never have to be used if the console is played correctly.

if it does, I'm gonna be right there saying 'I told you so'.

You should look at why you are posting this, if some one here does have an incident with a controller and you do say 'I told you so' then you and your input will lose a great deal of value to this community.

If you are posting now so that you can say 'I told you so' at a later point then it says a lot about your character. You don't need to say something like that to assert your authority. You seem like an educated person with a love for games, just let the issue fade from your mind and you won't have to worry about being right or wrong.

Maybe I'm willing to take that chance, I don't know if that was supposed to be a dig at me, but I don't appreciate it either way, I don't need to do it to prove or assert anything. I know why I'm posting this, alot better than you do, so don't start making such assumptions, cos that's the sort of shit that really pisses me off.

If you are posting now so that you can say 'I told you so' at a later point then it says a lot about your character.

I'm not, I didn't start the topic with anything like that in mind, and I have already stated that I don't want to see it happen. It was just where the thread ended up.

However, it doesn't mean I'm not going to enjoy doing it though :P If it's such a non issue for you, why are you even bringing it up, why are you even considering it a possiblity of occurring? Why are you even bothered about what I'm posting or why, looks to me like you've got quite a passion for the issue too. What was annoying me is how everyone seems to be dismissing it so quickly, however, Flaight has made me feel better because I know now that at least one person understands where I'm coming from.

I'm actually glad because Nintendo have taken notice by changing the instructions on their site too, rather than ignoring it. They could do with making better straps though, or at least putting the updated safety instructions in every wii(which they may do, we'll know in a week!).

Maybe I'm willing to take that chance, I don't know if that was supposed to be a dig at me, but I don't appreciate it either way, I don't need to do it to prove or assert anything. I know why I'm posting this, alot better than you do, so don't start making such assumptions, cos that's the sort of shit that really pisses me off.

I'm not, I didn't start the topic with anything like that in mind, and I have already stated that I don't want to see it happen. It was just where the thread ended up.

However, it doesn't mean I'm not going to enjoy doing it though :P If it's such a non issue for you, why are you even bringing it up, why are you even considering it a possiblity of occurring? Why are you even bothered about what I'm posting or why, looks to me like you've got quite a passion for the issue too. What was annoying me is how everyone seems to be dismissing it so quickly, however, Flaight has made me feel better because I know now that at least one person understands where I'm coming from.

I'm actually glad because Nintendo have taken notice by changing the instructions on their site too, rather than ignoring it. They could do with making better straps though, or at least putting the updated safety instructions in every wii(which they may do, we'll know in a week!).

It has become aparent that we both believe exactly the same thing and that we are just expressing our beliefs in different ways, you have more compassion for the people that are letting the remote fly from their hand, whereas i just think it's their fault all they have to do is hold the controller and if they fail in that then accidents will happen.

I was not having a dig i do believe that you are an intelligent person with a love for games.

It is a sure sign of why there are wars in this world, we both agree with each other on the base of this issue, that it happens and it will happen in europe and all round the world, and yet we still can have an arguement about it!

Why am i posting still? because i cannot overcome a weird sense of pride that means i need to be here writing this to someone i don't know in a forum full of strangers! I am intending to give up all idea's and views and see all things for what they are an therefore lose any rage or feelings i need to get accross, but as you can see, here i have failed to do so.

We agree on the issue, there is nothing to argue about, i will walk away with a lesson learned.

Lets Bee friends!

BEE.gif

Sorry to you as well ginger chris (for other statements in another post)

That was a most excellent post, and I agreed with it, we are indeed arguing over nothing that needs to be argued over. I apologise, I get a bit caught up in things sometimes, but never take me too seriously, I'm not much of a serious guy :p

Sign in to follow this