NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Platty

Love Music Hate Racism

What's this? another musical themed thread from Platty? :heh:

Anyway yes. Me & Ollie and 2 other mates are going to the the Love Music, Hate Racism fundraiser at fabric nightclub in London this thursday night. Anyone else going?

Should be a good night. Doors open at 8:30 and think it shuts around 3am.

Loads of bands are playing and loads of other artists for people with different tastes will also be there in different rooms. There will be a lot of music I dont like but tickets were only £16! well worth it especially cos my favourite pete doherty is gonna be there :hehe: (if he turns up)

Anyway here is the list:

Room One:

Babyshambles

The View

Cameo

Statik

Metro Riots

Hypa Fenn, Marcie Phonix, Flirta D. DJ Garna & DJ Furious

Lupen Crook & The Murderbirds

Fire Camp

Queens of Noize

N.A.S.T.Y & Mak 10

DJ Vectra & Gully Gang

Idle Lovers

The Social

NU MCs & KMT

Room Two:

Mystery Jets

Akala

Heartless Crew

The Paddingtons

Sam (Ex Hope of the States)

Jenna G & Synapse

L.Man, Doctor & DJ Shinobi

Terry Hall (The Specials)

Jammer & Nekkle Camp

Virus Syndicate

Larrikin Love (DJ Set)

Fionn Regan

Louie

OT Crew & Devlin

The Mentalists

Room Three:

Andy C

Krust

Jerry Dammers (The Specials)

L Double

Miss Pink

Visuals by Punkvert VJ's

Sav - The Deceptionist

For £16 I would say that's a pretty decent and varied line up. No doubt there's going to be some people who are going to say it's shit because there's 'too much popular indie', 'too much dance' or 'no Ecuadorian metal', but I'd go along if I lived in London. Damn London, always gets the best stuff.

Careful, Bards gunna come say how shit this music is in a sec.

Damnit...I've become predictable.

Anyway, I don't really nead to say anything, the list speaks for itself.

See, sarcasm doesn't work properly in text king boo...people here are gonna think that you were being serious :heh:

i saw the view support wolfmother the other week, I enjoyed them.

for 16 pounds thats a good lineup, and should be a good night. London really does get the best gigs, at good venues!

Don't really care for the bands, but the fundraiser event name reminds me of Love.Angel.Music.Baby

babyshambles won't be playing

Seen as The Babyshambles curated the whole event im sure they will turn up and play.

i saw the view support wolfmother the other week, I enjoyed them.

for 16 pounds thats a good lineup, and should be a good night. London really does get the best gigs, at good venues!

Yeah i really like the view, they remind me of an early libertines. I agree £16 is a bargain, should be a good drunken night out :)

See, sarcasm doesn't work properly in text king boo...people here are gonna think that you were being serious :heh:

I was hoping you wouldnt notice the sarcasm and start raving on about how crap they are, but your obviously too good :wink:

Can't we love both?

No, because then you end up with fuckwit bands like Skrewdriver and the shithouses that are on Resistance Records.

Do these funds help white males become police?

..........didn't think so.

What's that got to do with anything?

What's that got to do with anything?

I think he meant that we've been doing all these fundraisers for these black guys, and not enough for his own white peoples. I.e, nobody cares about the whities.

I think he meant that we've been doing all these fundraisers for these black guys, and not enough for his own white peoples. I.e, nobody cares about the whities.

White people don't have a history of being treated as a second class for hundreds of years.

White people don't have a history of being treated as a second class for hundreds of years.

Yeah, I hope black people keep reminding us of it for the next hundreds of years.

Sign in to follow this