NEurope

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Netflix

I watched it with my girlfriend over the weekend. Quite disturbing, which goes to show how well made it is. We were definitely asking ourselves how much of it was true to Richard Gadd's personal experience. There was so much to unpack there.
  3. Yesterday
  4. Metaphor: ReFantazio (11th October 2024)

Trailer from tonight's event: Demo dropping in June, probably an Xbox Games Showcase shadow drop? Still so funny to me how they've got their name all over this game to the extent that they have, such as having them as the only console in the title for the above trailer: Box art is a bit busy, very art school-y with how it utilises the title I feel, but idk, I kind of like it? The top part especially. Think I'm going to need to spend this summer making sure I'm caught up on JRPGs ahead of this launching in October
  5. Metaphor: ReFantazio (11th October 2024)

October 11th! Confirmed during the livestream: As someone who has fallen behind on the slate of newly released RPGs already this year... (please be a relatively quiet summer pleaseeeeee)
  6. Netflix

Anyone else checked out Baby Reindeer? One of the most fascinating character pieces I've seen in a long time.
  7. General Movie Thread

I'm already sat in the cinema waiting for it to start. The staff are trying to throw me out, but I'm here to stay.
  8. General Movie Thread

Amazing!
  9. General Movie Thread

Deadpool & Wolverine trailer:
  10. Football Season 2023/24

To be honest, I feel the same about many other laws of the game. Players getting a hand-ball called against them because the ball just happened to touch their arm even though they're facing the other way - surely that's not in the spirit of the game - the player clearly isn't trying to gain advantage in that scenario. It's the same with tackles in the box - most of the time the attacker just has to move near the defender and roll over their leg for it to be a foul. It's ridiculous. I don't know how you would change it all though, because a line has to be drawn somewhere - in your example, it is drawn a exactly at the outstretched point of his toe. For the handball example - it either touches his arm or it doesn't. It's easier to call, even if the result ends up being ridiculous.
  11. Oh Damn! I would prefer to wait until it is dubbed, but I may not be able to contain myself!
  12. Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

@Glen-i what did you call Isha's weapon? I went a bit dark and called it Killing by Suicide. I'm surprised this was even an option
  13. The Wrasslin' thread

The WWF Attitude Super Bowl commercial from 1999, randomly popped into my head this morning so I found it on YouTube to see it again. This video also shows some of the behind the scenes stuff that went into making it as well.
  14. Off Road Challenge NA release: 30th June 1998 PAL release: 15th September 1998 JP release: N/A Developer: Midway, Avalanche Software Publisher: Midway (NA), GT (PAL) N64 Magazine Score: 21% Developed by Midway and Avalanche (the ones who made the Tak games and Hogwarts Legacy) is another port of an arcade racer, this one has you driving large 4×4 trucks across some very bumpy environments. Off Road Challenge is very clearly an immensely ugly game. Everything looks low quality and messy and there’s a load of pop-in and gaps in the world. The game does mange to make its 6 tracks feel distinct (there’s also two bonus ones which look similar to some of those), but when none of it looks good, that doesn’t matter much. However, even though the game is nowhere near good, I found it to be rather enjoyable. The handling is surprisingly good – one of the most responsive I’ve encountered in a car game on the N64 and there’s such a great sense of fun with the game. Everything surrounding this is bad, but the core driving is just entertaining. One bizarre thing is that your car starts off as not good enough to win, you need to collect money found in the level (and awarded if you place high) to buy upgrades for your car, which then help you out in later races. One huge problem – if you leave the game to swap vehicle or turn the game off, all these upgrades are on and you need to do a few races to catch up again. It’s ugly and has some rather odd features, but it’s still kind of fun. Remake or remaster? Being another Midway racer, a collection of their racing games would be nice. Official ways to get the game. There is no official way to get Off Road Challenge.
  15. Switch eShop Thread

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 16) The sixteenth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop. Check the article for the full roundup. - - - - - Thanks to @Josh64 for the recently posted articles, which include... Corn Kidz 64 Launches This Friday Super Kiwi 64 Gets N64 Controller Support Keanu Reeves is Shadow the Hedgehog One Piece Odyssey Announced for Nintendo Switch Grounded Out Now Konami Code Discovered in Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness After 25 Years Indie World 17/04/2024 Showcase Airs Today Planet of Lana Launches Today! Indie World Showcase 17/04/2024 Roundup Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door New Trailers A Tale of Paper: Refolded – Out Now! Endless Ocean Luminous – Overview Trailer Octopath Traveler Returns to Nintendo eShop See you next week!
  16. Last week
  17. Trailer for Season 7 of My Hero Academia, which kicks off 4th May (there have been new recap episodes releasing this month): The quality of the show may falter at times but damn if I'm not just as excited to hear what Hayashi has cooked up in the soundtrack this time around!
  18. Football Season 2023/24

The offside law needs to be changed. How does it improve the game to get so forensic about offside decisions? Haji Wright gained no appreciable advantage from his foot being millimetres ahead of the Utd defender - there was no legitimate reason to rule out Torp's goal. Such a shame that football fans have been robbed of a historic extra time winner because the VAR quibbles over a couple of millimetres. Just seems so petty.
  19. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Bah. Only cause Smash doesn’t care who deserves it, it giveth and it taketh away.
  20. General Retro Discussion

I'd say great minds think alike, but clearly not as alike as I'd like I'll go over this in more detail when I eventually get around to my Wario World writeup, but I think it's a very marmite game where your overall opinion varies a lot on what expectations you have going into the game. It's both a 3D platformer and an old school beat 'em up in equal measure, so it's naturally quite repetitive, but it's also very inventive with its enemy & level design, with some neat puzzle solving & exploration elements that fit in well with the Wario Land series proper, and I think anyone's opinion on the game will be coloured by their perspective on the beat 'em up genre as a whole; as well as your expectations of games released in the early to mid 2000s in general, and even your views on gaming as a whole. Because a lot of the complaints you hear online about this game, and many of the reviews of the time, ended up dinging the game for its short running time and its repetitive nature; all of which are natural elements that come with the genre that it's in. It's very much a game that was perhaps released in a time where people were not kind to both of the genres that this game falls into, but I'll be interested to hear your perspective when you eventually get round to finishing your playthrough and your own writeup
  21. General Retro Discussion

Crazy thing is I bought it for dirt cheap back when it was first released and I've yet to play it. That's weird, I also started playing it last week. I took a photo for when I was finished and ready to talk about it. I'm halfway through at the moment but clearly you and I are having different experiences with it. I don't think it's enjoyable at all.
  22. Your 2024 Gaming Diary

The credits have rolled and my adventure is over. As you can see, there's still a stupid amount to do if I want the platinum, which I probably wont go for. It would take another 3 runs through the story and this is because of the amount of extra characters you can team up with. Your team can only hold 4 extras and so thats where the multiple playthroughs come in. Apart from the difficulty spike, as well as the lack of fast travel, I really enjoyed playing through this. It's about time I finally dipped my toe into this franchise and it was fitting that I started with this one. It goes to show how bloated games have become. This game offered around 20-25 hours of play time and it just flew by. There were no pointless fetch quests or countless cutscenes that waffled on for ages but said very little. The game was straight forward and to the point, just like a lot of games that were made back then. The SP system is very interesting when you start delving into it. There are an abundance of options at your disposal. Sure, you can break the game but it also allows you to play the game how you want. It's also one of the best ways to get the best gear. Kinda reminds me of Dragon Quest and the melding pot. Very happy to have experienced this and I'm now set to pick up the next game when the time is right.
  23. General Retro Discussion

Yo! @S.C.G When did the price of Wario World suddenly skyrocket!? I just checked it on eBay for both PAL & NTSC copies and it now seems to be averaging around £60-70. I remember that being one of the cheapest first party GCN games on the second hand market just a few years back, now it's suddenly worth Wario Cash for some bizzare reason! (Great game BTW, literally just finished a replay yesterday; write-up in the Your Gaming Diary thread is pending!) Meanwhile, the Zelda Collector's Edition disc is basically worthless now. A game that used to sell for £100+ easily can now be gotten for like £15-20 on eBay! It seems like the more expensive games are getting cheaper, while the cheaper games are getting more expensive all of a sudden I've already got basically every GCN game I want (save for Cubivore, which aint happening at any sort of reasonable price), but it's really interesting how things have changed recently with game prices. It's not a bad time to buy some GCN games really if you're in the market for them ... unless that game you're after is Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. That price aint budging it seems, unfortunately.
  24. General Retro Discussion

The price of Nintendo GameCube games is always interesting to me, I try and keep the prices reasonable in the shop, titles such as Mario Kart:Double Dash!! regularly fetch over £30+ if they are boxed, complete and in decent condition, it's the same for Super Smash Bros. Melee, as those are the two most wanted games. This is why I also try to stock a decent amount of disc only GC games, which I pair up with coloured 8cm disc cases, which I managed to get as some new old stock from early 2000's. The price of the disc only copy will usually be significantly less, usually up to £10 less or more depending on the game, and you get it in a cool coloured case. As for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess it still seems to sell for £75 - £85+ though I haven't had any copies in, so I haven't sold any for that price. Now, when it comes to Mario Superstar Baseball that is an interesting one, as it does seem to have a low print run, hence the high price of £120+ boxed, though if anyone is genuinely interested, I do have a disc-only copy of it for sale in the shop for £75... which seems reasonable, seeing as you don;t see it very often at all. If anyone ever wants and retro games or controllers, accessories etc from the shop, let me know, as while I don't technically sell online, I can let you know what's in the shop, accept payment via Bank Transfer, and post the item to you, just in case anyone from here is ever interested in buying anything.
  25. General Retro Discussion

Odama probably didn't but Mario Baseball is more sought after, what with it being a Mario game and all. This will no doubt increase the resale price.
  26. General Retro Discussion

It was pretty late, yeah. November 2005. But it was still well off being the last game released for the system by Nintendo. Pokemon XD, Batallion Wars, Mario Party 7, Super Mario Strikers and Odama all released shortly after Superstar Baseball within a 3 month period and none of them are nearly as hard to find (NOE basically cut off all retail support for the GCN after April 1st 2006 and started liquidating their GCN stock with firesales where the console could be bought for cheaper than its actual games here in the UK, with the only game released after that being the GCN version of Twilight Princess; which was sold as mail-order only here in Europe). I get that baseball isn't really very popular over here, but come on! It can't have had that small of a print-run in Europe surely? It IS still a Mario title after all. I cannot believe that Odama had a bigger print-run than Mario Superstar Baseball over here, there's just no way... Edit: Actually... looking over on eBay's completed listings, PAL copies of Odama are actually pretty rare it seems! There's plenty of US NTSC copies for cheap, but PAL copies seem to be hard to come by (though still cheaper than Mario Superstar Baseball). Perhaps both games did have a comparitively small print run in Europe? Quite surprised about that actually! Guess that explains why Super Sluggers on Wii didn't get a European release at all. NOE just had no faith in it.
  27. Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

Looks like the Switch version might be the version of choice for those nostalgic for those old PS1 loading times... ... woof! Yeah... stick to the versions on other consoles.
  28. General Retro Discussion

Mario Superstar Baseball was pretty hard to find back when it was first released. I can't imagine there being many copies printed. It was a late release as well, wasn't it?
  1. Load more activity