All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Finally got a new level finished/uploaded, don't expect much though as it's pretty short/basic:
  3. General Retro Discussion

OK, I just did a quick search and, it turns out I bought my copy of Grandia II on the Dreamcast just over three and a half years ago for a quite reasonable £29... The PS2 copy I bought originally came from a car boot sale a few years back for probably a couple of quid... And I have a Steam receipt for £7.49 which I bought the PC version for a few years back as well... I feel more than a little guilty that I haven't played it now and I really have no excuse. I'll make time for it... this year at some point hopefully, afterall I can't be buying for and/or assuming that every great game is coming out on the Switch. I've got to appreciate my retro games collection a lot more than I have been recently, this year and next year, less new games will be bought and more classics will be played.
  4. What Have You Bought?

Is Fast and Furious 8 on your shopping list?
  5. Astral Chain -- August 30th 2019

GotY confirmed!
  6. PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

I'd give your gf one more chance if I were you. Pros tend to be very expensive, and there's no emotional connection there at all.
  7. General Retro Discussion

Dreamcast version is supposed to be the best out of the two of them.
  8. General Retro Discussion

OK, so I'm reading that as... Even though it's a serviceable collection, it's not perfect, there will be no physical version because it's being done on the cheap and so it's a missed opportunity. I'll just play the original on the PS1 and the second game on either the PS2 or the Dreamcast.
  9. General Retro Discussion

It's hard to say. I've been reading impressions from those who are playing it and many don't like the filter that they've used on the characters and there seems to be audio issues on the first game. Nothing major but it may be noticable. In terms of the best version, the general consensus is that the Saturn version is still the king. I was reading that the fan translation is nearly done and you can play all of the first disc and most of the second. Too much of a faff on for me but I appreciate the effort that's gone into it. I think if you just want to experience the games without digging out any old consoles then the HD collection seems fine for what it sets out to do. I mean, people said that the PS4 version of Symphony of the Night had issues but I didn't notice a single thing wrong with it when I played it. I suppose it depends how sensitive you are to such things. Sadly, you may be waiting a while for a retail version, if one even comes out at all. They were asked about making a physical copy of the game and said they have zero plans for it.
  10. General Retro Discussion

Yeah, on reflection, I din't really think it was much of a review, I just found it interesting hearing about how he got into the games originally, especially as I'm not that familiar with his channel as I only started watching his videos a few months ago, plus the fact that I've never played either of the Grandia games. But this latest HD Collection seems to be the way to experience both of them surely? So I guess I'll wait for that physical copy.
  11. Today
  12. Greedfall (PC/XBO/PS4) - Sept 10th

Never heard of it (or the devs before), but looks interesting.
  13. Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 heading to PS4

Oh yeah! In February 2020 that boxed physical version of Yakuza 3, 4 & 5 will be mine! And that even gives me enough time to play Zero, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 as well... in theory.
  14. Indie World Presentation on 19/08/19

To be honest I'd be happy with just more of the same, which is surprising given my dislike of cats.
  15. Indie World Presentation on 19/08/19

Yeah, great game. That said, I’m hoping they’ve got a bit more in store for the sequel than what was shown yesterday. Apart from the multiplayer thing it might as well have been footage from the first one it was so similar!
  16. General Retro Discussion

Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed in Jonny making that Grandia video. By all accounts reviewers didn't get codes for the game until pretty much launch day, which is why there were no reviews kicking about for the game and only impressions. Coupled with the fact that Jonny has a job, and how fast he put together and released the video, there's simply no way he completed or even put a significant amount of time into one of the games, never mind both of them. It's not really a review of the collection at all but more a nostalgia video about why he likes the original game. I mean he doesn't explain the battle system, story or even things like the audio issues that this version has. I'm pretty sad that he's done this video (probably for clicks) as I didn't think he was that type of YouTuber. Shame.
  17. Gutted it's out in September. There's too many games coming out already without trying to factor in this masterpiece! I'll work it out somehow because I need to be day 1 with this game. The achievements have been revealed and thankfully there's no wacky ones or level 1 runs needed. It looks pretty straight forward and the ones that do look a little difficult are things I've done before on my previous runs on the original PlayStation version.
  18. Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Olympics (Switch)

It's a complete nostalgia grab but I'll be dammed if it's not tempting
  19. Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 heading to PS4

I'm looking forward to replaying 3 again as that was my introduction to the series years ago. Still need to finish Kiwami 2 first though.
  20. Indie World Presentation on 19/08/19

Bit of a flat presentation for me. It didn't help that the whole thing was leaked earlier in the day but given what was on offer I don't think it would have made a difference if I didn't know beforehand what was being shown. Day 1 for Cat Quest II ( loved the first game ) and Touryst, the latter of which looks absolutely delightful and charming.
  21. Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 heading to PS4

Well, I did spent a few hours at the Mahjong parlor because I really like that game, even though I have no fucking idea how to properly play But yes, the story was my main focus. And I have to say: both 0 and Kiwami had great stories and incredible characters.
  22. Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 heading to PS4

Yup. It's gonna be great having them all on one console. I see you've recently played through both 0 and the first game. You played them just like I did in that you just concentrated on the story. I'm very happy that you enjoyed them both.
  23. PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Easily the best news to come out of Gamescom yesterday, which wasnt hard seeing as both Inside Xbox and the opening show were awful. Both Sony and Insomniac have had a very good relationship over the years and Insomniac has always found success on the PlayStation platform. It's no surprise that Sunset Overdrive bombed on the Xbox when most of Insomniacs fans were on another platform. I wonder if that IP will get another life on the PlayStation? It feels great to finally have the holy trinity of Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog and Insomniac all now officially part of the PlayStation family. Also, part of the news was that Spider-Man has sold over 13 million copies which is insane when you consider it's an exclusive and only been out a year. There's really only Nintendo that sees those kinds of numbers in such a short space of time.
  24. Astral Chain -- August 30th 2019

Yeah I'm done with the videos. 10 more days! for me to complete my first run of Fire Emblem.
  25. Indie Games

Yeah I had my eye on it for while now, but that releasedate is terrible. I'm definitely not buying it before october, and probably even much later than that.
  26. Indie Games

Haven't seen it mentioned yet but this indie game, called Decay of Logos, from Amplify Creations and Rising Star Games is coming to Switch on August 29th, next week (it's also hitting PS4, Xbox One and PC next week also). There's obvious influence from Breath of the Wild in the design which will no doubt draw some snorts of derision but it looks like it could be an interesting indie sized action adventure game. I know it's up for pre-order on the Xbox One Store for £16.74 so it should fall into that price point or around it on Switch and other platforms. Perhaps one to keep an eye on.
  27. Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Olympics (Switch)

That is amazing! Hell, I don’t need any of the 3D parts of the game, would seriously buy it just for the 2D stuff.
  1. Load more activity