NEurope

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Star Trek Masturbatathon

I remember once when I was still at school our Head mistress used to play a classical piece of music each week in assembly and I was one of the few kids who noticed she snuck the Voyager theme in one week.
  3. N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

Thanks for the games. Here's a link to this week's stream... - - - - - N-Europe Get Together! 28/03/2024)
  4. Star Trek Masturbatathon

Love it. I have such nostalgia for that piece of music. Gives me goosebumps and a rush of memories every time I hear it.
  5. Didn't take long for Take Two to make some cuts from Gearbox This industry needs a massive reset. It's an absolute mess at the moment.
  6. N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

OK, yeah, that might be the greatest Banana throw ever! The best thing is, it landed right behind a coin, so I literally couldn't see it until it was too late.
  7. N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

Some great races, shame about the disconnect as that was shaping up to be a very close finish. Anyway... So as I say in the Tweet, I get the YAY as if I hit someone but can't believe that it was that throw. @Glen-i did say he got hit over VC but thought it was from in front that he ran over it. So I had to go into MKTV, set it to me, hits and 60 seconds. And low and behold this beauty... Greatest Throw Ever.
  8. N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

No, you misremember. You can't get Lightning (Or a Bullet Bill) in the first 30 seconds of a race. After that, there's no limit. EDIT: Got gazumped more times then I'd like this week.
  9. N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

Yeah, but I thought the rule was you couldn’t get another one for 30 seconds, did the first cpu player hold onto it that long?
  10. N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

A computer passed through an item box right after the lightning hit, and got really lucky. Better then getting two lightnings far apart, mind. Less devastating.
  11. N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

How was there 2 lightning so close to each other in that first race?
  12. Your 2024 Gaming Diary

It's one of the few reasons for me to get a PS5. Annoyed it didn't get a current gen version like so many others did. Holding off on PS5 for now until they reveal the PS5 pro.
  13. Your 2024 Gaming Diary

Went with Rock & Roll Racing as my next game. Didn't realise it got a GBA port. Put so many hours into it on the SNES. Got an everdrive so I've got the modded rom for SMB3 with all the eReader levels
  14. Monster Hunter Wilds (2025)

Can’t wait to spend hours running around giant fields of nothing in order to find the boss battles in my Monster Hunter!
  15. Princess Peach Showtime (March 22 2024)

Put some more time into Super Princess Peach and have made it to world 6. I'm loving all the little mini games and sections that you get to play that take advantage of the capabilities of the DS. The touch screen is put to good use for things like catapulting Peach by dragging the platform down and firing it up. Blowing into the microphone to fire bubbles from her submarine is awesome. I bought a power up in the shop that gives me the ability to gain coins by whacking enemies with Perry. I found a decent spot in 5-2 to farm coins and so hung around there for a while as there are quite a lot of things to purchase. Yup, still loving the game. Sooooo much better and polished than Showtime.
  16. General Switch Discussion

There's a beta test for the newest INAZUMA ELEVEN if anyone's interested: https://www.n-europe.com/news/inazuma-eleven-victory-road-worldwide-beta-test-demo-available-now/
  17. Princess Peach Showtime (March 22 2024)

Some Showtime! Nintendo Rewards have popped up in America, sadly we don't have them yet! (or ever?) https://www.n-europe.com/news/my-nintendo-rewards-new-additions/
  18. Success! There's a cracking amount of variety in these missions and I had a blast playing through them all. There were certainly crazy Konami antics in some of them. One had me taking on a giant UFO with stinger missiles and another had me fending of 2 giant soldiers who were stomping through the city trying to kidnap Meryl. I also unlocked and had to play through stages where you could use Ninja/Grey Fox. Amazing. Granted, there were only 3 stages to play as him but it was so much fun slicing and dicing my way through enemies. His movements are so different when compared to Snake. Yeah, very happy to have finally played through Special Missions.
  19. Monster Hunter Wilds (2025)

Hey! Don't lump me in with that. Lil Gator Game is great! ...That's all I've got. They're generally big for the sake of being big, and get rid of more intricate level design to do so. Also, my favourite series are slowly morphing into one big blob of empty fields, and it's depressing.
  20. Monster Hunter Wilds (2025)

Makes complete sense to me, and I thought the TGAs trailer pretty heavily implied that would be the case, what between the title, showing one massive flat open area (a staple of all open worlds ), and especially with the different ways your mount would interact with the environment. It's the only way I really think you could go "bigger and better" than World from a more objective technical and marketing POV (but not necessarily from an actual quality POV, jury's out on that I guess), I don't think you could make those zones much bigger without it being a bit confused about what it wants to be. I do think it's the right move for Capcom after World purely because of how big that game got sales-wise, but if that wasn't the runaway surprise success that it was, then I would think this sort of move would be super risky. Still, though, sucks for those that aren't fans of open worlds in their games if it's not handled the right way (will always struggle to understand the "all open worlds are bad" tribe though). I do think that there's a way to do it right here in the same way that I think there is a way to make a great open world Pokémon game, but ultimately the quality level it reaches relies on Capcom, as there's some great potential hunts to evolve between biomes, new environmental hazards turning up and phases, like imagine chasing a critter into one biome vs another and them adapting to that biome in a way that is unique, would add tremendous replayability. I will say I think it's going to be easier for them to plug more MTXs and the like into an open world vs with zones, though. Curious about how an eventual DLC works if it's going to be open world, though, is it just going to be an alternative open world, a massive zone accessed through a menu, or haphazardly taped onto this one?
  21. Balatro (PS, Xbox, Switch, Steam)

Please the let the two stakes changed be the ante increasing ones, please the let the two stakes changed be the ante increasing ones, please the let the two stakes changed be the ante increasing ones!
  22. Monster Hunter Wilds (2025)

Well, that's an easy pass for me, if true. I already think Worlds' maps are too large.
  23. Monster Hunter Wilds (2025)

For me an open world is exactly the type of world I would want for a Monster Hunter game.
  24. N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

Player's Choice tonight at 8pm.
  25. Princess Peach Showtime (March 22 2024)

I've made a few jokes about how Showtime is just one glorified audition reel to get her Smash moveset changed so she doesn't have to share it with that parasite Daisy.
  26. Actually, in Smash, that's a happy coincidence. Because Darkest Lariat has a similar animation in the Pokémon games. Mind you, it looks a lot more natural in Smash. Darkest Lariat's animation is a bit naff in the Pokémon games. Just to clarify, in case anyone misunderstood, when I say Alolan Whip is a completely made up move, I meant that the Pokémon games don't have an attack called "Alolan Whip" Also, I think Dark is a fitting secondary type for it, if you view Incineroar as the "Heel Wrestler". You know? The perceived "villain" in WWE?
  1. Load more activity