NEurope

Nintendo Gaming

Talk about Nintendo's consoles and their games here, including the Nintendo Switch, Wii U & 3DS.

5,676 topics in this forum

1. Geon

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. Tamagotchi Party On!

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  3. V-Rally 4

• 0 replies
  4. Wario Ware Strap

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  5. Nexomon Extinction

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  6. US August Sales

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  7. Katana Zero

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  8. Is Wii wasted potential?

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  9. Culdcept Revolt (3DS)

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • These guys can't even get a showcase out on time. Such a mess of a company now.
    • Very happy to see City being knocked out of the Champions League last night. Usually I still cheer on any English club that is in the competition but never them. I'm hoping Chelsea can do them over in the FA Cup as well. Rough week for both Liverpool and Arsenal. Both were in the title race and both were in European competitions. Title race now looks iffy, Arsenal now out of the CL and its gonna take a miracle for us to remain in the Europa Cup this evening.
    • Finished MediEvil last night. It's ridiculous that this was added to the service when both the PS4 and PSP remakes are already part of it. There are countless other games that could have been added first.  I can see why the game got a remake. Playing this version was a pretty rough experience. The controls aren't that great for a platform game and the camera was very ropey, with what little control you do have over it not being much help. Having now played all 3 versions of the game, this is easily the worst. I suppose it makes sense given that it was an early PS1 game and the other two versions were able to build upon what came before them.  I'll probably go for the double plat and play through it again over the weekend. It's short enough to knock out in between playing something else.
    • Mortal Kombat 4 NA release: 23rd June 1998 PAL release: 15th September 1998 JP release: N/A Developer: Midway, Eurocom Publisher: Midway (NA), GT (PAL) N64 Magazine Score: 84% The big Mortal Kombat game for this generation of consoles, and this one brings the graphics into full 3D. After experimenting with a few styles of graphics and gameplay with their earlier N64 fighting games, Mortal Kombat 4 settles on polygon models that manage to capture the spirit of the 2D sprites pretty well. The gameplay also feels quite solid to me. It sticks to working from a 2D point of view with some slight 3D movement from dodging. One new feature is the ability to use items like rocks to throw at opponents, and each person can bring out a weapon with a special move (which the opponent can also use if dropped). There’s a few modes such as an endurance mode fighting random opponents, the standard arcade mode and some tournament options for multiplayer. The practice mode also gives you a move list, but this is only on a static screen and you can’t pin one to try. This seems like the N64’s most solid fighter so far, although it doesn’t try to do anything special either. Remake or remaster? A Mortal Kombat collection would be good. Official ways to get the game. The PC version of Mortal Kombat 4 is available on GoG.
    • Nah I don't. Don't worry, I'm terrible at playing games so even if I wanted to do something I wouldn't get round to it for years. Thank you though. 
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts